Meet the man behind Minto’s model home interior designs, Rhett Alexander. Known for his beautiful, bold and colorful designs, Rhett is our go-to authority on all things home décor. We sat down with him to learn more about his favorite design trends and what goes into his signature style.
What are your top ten décor ideas or trends that you’ve used in Minto homes?
- Modern Nautical with high gloss floors (The Barbuda at Latitude Margaritaville Daytona)
- Unexpected color pairings such as Grey and Persimmon (The Palisades at Sun City Center)
- Sherberty pastels (The Dahlia at The Isles of Collier Preserve)
- Soothing, monochromatic colors with warm undertones (The Coconut at Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head)
- Bold aquamarine pops of color (The Jasmine Grande at The Isles of Collier Preserve)
- Classic Blue and White scheme (The Breeze at Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head)
- Soothing, shore-inspired palette (The Plumeria at The Isles of Collier Preserve)
- Hight contrast complimentary color combinations such as orange and aqua (The Antigua at Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head)
- Gold Metallic elements in artwork and accessories (The Isle model at LakePark at Tradition)
- Natural Elements featured as art (The Tamarind Grande at The Isles of Collier Preserve)
Before decorating a room, what are the main things you look at and envision first?
We always start with a client profile whether it’s a real person or an imaginary family living in a model home. Who is going to live there? Is it a primary or secondary home? What is the composition of the family?
In your professional opinion, what are the hottest interior design trends of 2019?
- There is a move away from cool grey as colors are starting to get warmer.
- Kitchen schemes are getting darker. You might see a dark grey quartz top on a dark grey cabinet door.
- Wallpaper choices are limitless and provide opportunities for elegance, whimsy, color and or just plain fun.
- Metal colors can mix. Picture gold, bronze and distressed all in the same room.
- Maximalism versus minimalism. Mix strong wallpaper patterns with rich upholstery colors and stand out accent fabrics all in saturated color tones.
What are your top 3 favorite Minto models you’ve decorated over the years?
The Isle at Lake Park, The Copperlily at The Isles of Collier Preserve and The Antigua at Latitude Margaritaville Hilton Head.
Are there 1 or more things you always implement of your own taste into each model you decorate?
I always try to make memorable color schemes either by looking for bold contrasts or all-over monochromatic schemes that people don’t normally see. We want the model home experience to stand out in the buyers’ minds.
Tell us a little about yourself and your company and how this all started for you.
I have been merchandising model homes and designing sales centers and clubhouses since 1997. I’ve always worked with new home builders and enjoy seeing the development of new projects from dirt to finished homes.
Where you can find Rhett:
One thought on “Talking Design with Rhett Alexander”
Excellent post, All are outstanding designs. Thanks for introducing the interior designer and interior design ideas.