When it comes to decorating your home, there’s no need to have a PhD in Interior Design! Helpful decorating ideas that won’t exhaust your wallet are just what you need to give your living quarters a touch of trendiness.
Prior to decorating:
- Determine a theme for the room or area you are trying to decorate. This will simplify things early on.
- Next, choose a color palette for the space that you are sprucing up
- Do an inventory of what you currently own and what you can incorporate into your new design.
- Get rid of things you no longer use or things that you can do without.
- Find new uses for preexisting items
- Establish a budget
- Shop the seasonal sections
- Many times you will find highly discounted items whether it be furniture, bedding or adornments
- Buy items that serve multiple purposes
- i.e.; Mason jars – Storage, candleholders, Tupperware, decorative (http://www.specialtybottle.com/ecomasonjarsmi.aspx)
- Coffee tables – Turn into an ottoman (http://anevergrowinglist.blogspot.com/2012/09/coffee-table-to-ottoman.html)
- Be on the lookout for garage sales or yard sales
- One man’s trash is another man’s treasure!
- Search online for discounted items
Most importantly, have fun with it! Your home is unique so tailor it to your liking!
–What are some tips that you’ve found helpful while decorating your own home? Leave suggestions in the comments below!