It is important to plan ahead prior to a hurricane in case of any unforeseen emergency. Natural disasters can be unpredictable so it’s best to prepare for any circumstance with anticipation.
Here are some suggestions as to what you hurricane preparedness kit should include:
- Water – One gallon of water per person, per day for at least 3 days. This can be used for drinking or hygienic purposes.
- Food – Stock up on canned food or non perishable items
- Portable radio – (battery operated)
- Flashlight and additional batteries and/or candles & matches
- First Aid Kit
- Handy Wipes, trash bags – for hygienic use
- Can opener
- Local map
- Cellphone battery or rechargeable case
Other items to keep in mind:
- Prescription medications
- Baby formula and diapers
- Important documents – birth certificates, passports, license
- Cash or traveler’s checks
- Blankets, pillows and/or sleeping bag
- A change of clothes
- Hygiene & feminine products
What other items do you suggest are included in your hurricane preparedness kit? Does your family have a plan of action in case of an emergency? Share below!