The warm summer months call for quick, easy meals to be shared with friends and family outdoors! We’ve compiled a few of our favorites that are fun and easy to prepare- perfect for a summertime party!
First, our black bean, orange and corn quinoa salad. This festive salad is perfect for all kinds of summer gatherings from barbeques, to picnics, to a simple evening on the patio! Follow that up with a crowd-pleasing pan of sausage with peppers and onions, and wash it all down with strawberry and lime moscato punch!
Black Bean, Orange and Corn Quinoa Salad
Prep: 15 Minutes
Cook: 10 Minutes
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 2 cups Water Or Chicken Broth
- 1 can (15 Oz. Can) Black Beans, Rinsed
- 1 whole Orange, Segmented And Cut Into Chunks
- 1 cup Corn Kernels
- ½ whole Red Onion, Chopped
- 1 whole Jalapeno, Chopped
- 1 whole Red Bell Pepper, Diced
- 1 bunch Cilantro, Chopped
- ¼ cups Lime Juice
- ¼ cups Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Cook the quinoa with the water or chicken broth for 10-15 minutes.
- Add the black beans, orange and the corn, red onion, jalapeno, red bell pepper, and cilantro into the salad.
- Stir to combine.
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cumin, and salt.
- Drizzle over the quinoa salad mixture.
Sausage with Peppers and Onions
Prep: 20 Minutes
Cook: 20-25 Minutes
- 5lbs of your favorite Italian Sausage
- 1-2 large white or yellow onions
- 3-4 Bell Peppers- variety of colors
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Clean and cut peppers and onions into roast size cuts
- Mix onions and peppers, lightly drizzle and toss in olive oil and season with salt and pepper to taste
- Add to baking pan. Bake at 425 degrees, for about 10 minutes until roasted
- Remove from the oven and add to large roasting pan suitable for grill
- Grill the sausages whole to your desired doneness. When they have cooled, slice into two inch pieces on the diagonal
- Add sausages to the roasting pan
- Warm the full roasting pan on grill
Strawberry Lime Moscato Punch
Prep: 5 Minutes
- 5 liter of Moscato wine
- 1 can frozen limeade concentrate, defrosted
- 1 c strawberries, diced plus 1 c strawberries sliced
- 1 lime sliced
- 2 Liter 7 Up
- Place 1 cup of diced strawberries and ¼ cup of limeade in a blender and puree
- Run through a strainer to remove most of the seeds
- Pour into a pitcher
- Add remaining limeade and moscato into the pitcher
- Garnish with strawberry and lime slices
- Chill in fridge
- When ready to serve top each glass with 7 Up
What are your favorite summertime party recipes? Share in the comments! And make sure to check out our Pinterest page for more inspiration!