Celebrating Independence Day is the highlight of the summer season! But the Fourth of July doesn’t have to mean the end of your good eating habits. We’ve put together a list of treats that are both festive and healthy to celebrate the USA in style!
- Slices or cubes of fresh pineapple. Use cookie cutters for star shapes.
- Sliced strawberries
- Pierced blueberries
- Fill your pitcher with water and allow to refrigerate overnight
- Add Ice and Serve
- 1 package of strawberries
- 1 package of blueberries
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 3 cups of Silk Almondmilk Protein+Fiber or Almond/Coconut blend
- Popsicle tray and sticks
- Blender or food processor (optional)
- Cut the leaves off the strawberries and then rinse them off along with the blueberries
- Combine the strawberries and 1 cup of Almondmilk in a blender and pulse for a few seconds until you have a nice chunky mixture (If you don’t have a blender then just chop everything up very fine and mix it with your Almondmilk in a small bowl)
- Pour the mixture into the popsicle molds so it takes up a third of each one
- Place them in the freezer for 10-15 minutes
- While they are freezing, repeat the above step with the blueberries and 1 cup of Almondmilk and set it aside.
- Stir together the coconut and a final cup of Almondmilk in a small bowl
- Take the semi-frozen pops out of the freezer, add in the coconut mixture for the second layer and return to the freezer for 20 minutes
- After 20 minutes, take the popsicles out of the freezer, grab your popsicle sticks and *gently* push them in far enough that they stay in place
- Pour in the final layer of blueberry mixture and return to the freezer until completely frozen (around 20 minutes)
- Once they are ready you can serve them immediately
Red, White and Blue Spinach Salad Patriotic, delicious and nutritious!
For the Vinaigrette:
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad:
- 1 package baby spinach leaves, washed and trimmed
- 1½ cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds
For the Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl combine the vinegar and honey
- Pour the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking constantly
- Add salt and pepper to taste
For the Salad
- Toss all ingredients together in a large salad bowl and drizzle with vinaigrette.