Gluten-Free Thanksgiving guests present special dietary requirements that may seem challenging when preparing traditional dishes. However, simple changes can accommodate for the dietary needs of your guests while maintaining a traditional Thanksgiving atmosphere. We’ve put together an incredible Gluten-Free Thanksgiving Menu sure to please both gluten and gluten-free guests alike!
The classic Thanksgiving turkey with a fresh spin! This Lemon and Sage Butter Roasted Turkey is a delicious take on the Thanksgiving staple.
Turkey With Lemon-Sage Butter
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus 1/4 cup (1/2 stick), melted, for basting
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh sage
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 12–14 pound turkey, patted dry
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lemons, quartered
- Set a rack inside a large heavy roasting pan. Mash 1/2 cup butter, sage, lemon zest, and paprika in a bowl to combine.
- Starting at neck end of turkey, loosen the skin of the breast by gently sliding your fingers underneath. Work half of lemon-sage butter under skin. Loosen skin around legs and thighs; work remaining lemon-sage butter under skin. Season turkey inside and out with salt and pepper and stuff with lemons. Transfer turkey, breast side down, to prepared pan and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight.
- Let turkey stand at room temperature for 1 hour. Preheat oven to 375°. Pour hot water into pan to a depth of 1/4”. Roast turkey, basting occasionally with remaining 1/4 cup butter, for 1 hour. Using paper towels, flip turkey; roast, basting occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the thigh registers 165°, 1–1 1/2 hours longer. Transfer to a platter. Let rest for at least 20 minutes before carving.
- Potato and Celery Root Mash
- Brussel Sprout Hash with Caramelized Shallots
- Harissa and Maple Roasted Carrots
- Cranberry and Blood Orange Relish
- Wild Rice Dressing with Roasted Grapes and Walnuts
- Lemon-Roasted Green Beans with Marcona Almonds
Polish off your meal with this incredible Pumpkin and Brown Sugar Crème Brûlée for dessert!
What are you adding to your meal this Thanksgiving? Tweet us or let us know in the comments!
One thought on “Gluten-Free Thanksgiving”
This is awesome! My Dad is gluten intolerant so recipes like these help a lot! 🙂